Hair transplant better-coined as hair restoration is no longer a taboo in society. People are accepting it as any other cosmetic procedure. New FUE technology and expert surgeons who made it like one’s left-hand task must be acclaimed. Still, a large section of society is concerned about hair transplant side effects. Here we will be discussing some of the commonly seen hair transplant side effects.
- Infection: If you have been vigilant while choosing your hair transplant surgeon then there is a very rare chance that you might get infected. Emphatically, few precautions are to be taken to reduce the possibility. Prescription of antibiotics from the doctor is one such precaution.
- Bleeding: Bleeding is one of the commonly seen hair transplant side effects. After all, it is a surgery, you cannot expect mangoes out of it. Thus,it must be clear in the patient’s mind that he might experience bleeding during and after the hair transplant surgery. Again, an experienced doctor would ensure that you have minimum bleeding.
- Pain: Term surgery in a second develops thoughts of pain in one’s mind. Hair transplant surgery is no different. People often try avoiding this because of a phobia of excessive and unbearable pain. However, horrendous pain was experienced in the FUT technique. The newly invented FUE technique ensures minimum pain but the application of local anaesthesia might cause a bit of pain.
- Thinning of hair: This is something one cannot digest easily. Why would someone opt for hair transplant surgery if one of the hair transplant side effects is thinning of hair? But the stroke of luck here is that this is just a post-surgery condition. Your original density of hair will make its way back to your scalp in a few months.
- Shock loss: You might have come across this term in case you have made detailed research about hair transplant side effects. Your untouched and natural hair can start to shed because of surgery. Again, this is not something which can snatch your calm sleep at midnight. It is also a post-surgery state and your natural hair will also regrow in a matter of time.
- Eye bruises and swelling of the scalp: In rare cases, patients might witness swelling in the recipient area and under the eyes because of the formation of liquid or fluid resulting in slight pain and inconvenience. Idyllically this swelling tends to subside in a few days but if so does not happen then in such case patient must consult his doctor.
- Scar: If you fail to choose the ideal doctor, you might develop a scar in the donor area even with the FUT technique. Thus, it is of utmost importance that you choose the right clinic and right doctor.
If you are looking for a hair transplant then bring that smile to your face that you might witness in the situation of fully-grown hair. Most of the above-mentioned hair transplant side effects are temporary in nature. But, just one long-term effect is hair curls. You might be having otherwise straight hair but post-surgery you might witness a bit of wavy or curly hair. But then why worry? Let’s change the hairstyle.
In crux, if you are looking for a yes or no for a hair transplant surgery then the answer is yes. It is no longer a surgery if given in the right hands. This is just another cosmetic makeover. Thus, go for it if you need it. The era of the twenty-first century will not dishearten you in the field of science and technology. Just remember to choose the right clinic and right doctor.