Hair transplantation is a viable solution for those who are experiencing extreme hair loss. But if you do not go to a vetted surgeon, chances are that you may end up having to deal with .
Before we talk about how to choose the right hair transplantation clinic, let’s take a moment to understand what are.
Some of the most prominent symptoms of are:
- Pus and smelly discharge at the recipient area
- Pulsating pain
- Redness at the site of the hair transplantation
- When wound healing takes longer than expected
Reasons For Infected Hair Plugs
Hair transplant procedures have become readily available and many people decide to sign up for one on a whim. But it’s important to do proper research before giving your go-ahead to a clinic. This will not only ensure that your hairline is natural-looking and doesn’t look artificial, but also ensure that wound healing happens in a smooth manner.
The top five reasons for getting infected hair plugs are:
- Not sticking with the aftercare regimen provided by your hair transplant surgeon, which includes spraying saline water on the recipient site and applying an antibiotic ointment on the donor area.
- Not washing your hair seven days after the procedure.
- Scratching the recipient site and letting the area get infected.
- Opting for a hair transplant clinic that doesn’t maintain rigorous hygiene standards.
- Opting for an FUT procedure in which the surgeon takes a strip of your hair from the donor area and uses that for the recipient area. This may increase the risk of infection.
Treatment Options For Infected Hair Plugs
Infected hair plugs can be disheartening. Nobody should have to deal with it. Your priority after a hair transplant procedure should be to maintain a healthy diet and track your hair growth progress instead of having to worry about healing an infected hair plug .
If you do get , here are three ways to treat them:
- Use a warm compress on the scalp
- Shampoo regularly with a mild shampoo and keep your scalp clean
- Take antibiotics prescribed by your doctor to expedite the healing process
About Eugenix Hair Sciences
Eugenix Hair Sciences is a world-renowned hair transplant clinic in India. Founded by Dr. Pradeep Sethi and Dr. Arika Bansal, Eugenix offers one of the most technologically advanced hair transplant techniques known as Direct Hair Transplant (or DHT).
DHT significantly reduces the “out of the body” time of grafts to ensure a better survival rate of grafts. It is a two-step procedure. The first step involves creation of recipient sites where the grafts are to be implanted. The second step involves scoring, extraction and implantation of grafts at the same time.
Till date, Eugenix has conducted 12,000+ hair transplant procedures on both men and women. Eugenix is revered as a top hair transplant clinic that provides outstanding results to patients with NW 6 or 7 grade of baldness without having to worry about getting a hair transplant scar.
To book a consultation with Eugenix hair specialists, you can call or WhatsApp on +91 88264 71111!