When you undergo a hair transplant, the foremost factor is how your temple points are created by your surgeon. Impeccable temple points give you a natural look and assure that no one can make out that you have gone through a hair transplant. When you have started looking for a temple hair transplant, it is clear that you are very well aware of what exactly the temple points are in hair restoration. Temple points give the exact framing to the face. A bigger forehead will appear due to temple hair loss. Thus, the importance of having perfect temple points after a hair transplant doesn’t need to be elaborated on. This article will give you every possible information about hair transplants for receding temples.
Most people have temple points, which are little spots close to the ear where the hairline descends to the sideburn. Some folks also have hair loss in that region. Simply repairing that strip of hair will restore temple peaks. It's crucial for aesthetic reasons to restore that hair.
Factors affecting temple points:
- The angle of the temple points decides the precise articulation of the face.
- Amount of grafts implanted on temple points
- The direction of the hair implanted
- The quality of hair implanted
Things to keep in mind in temple hair transplant:
- It is of utmost importance for a hair transplant surgeon to know that he must never give feminine looks to temple points of males. Men have acute temple points while most women have round or oval-shaped hairlines. Creating temple points for men is more difficult than creating for women.
- Only single hair follicles must be used while creating temple points. Never use doubles, triples or quadruples.
- Hair follicles must be implanted in a random pattern. Random implantation gives a more natural look than a uniform pattern.
Quality of the hair at the outer side of the temple
Hair quality is different on the outer side of the temple. Single hair follicles are found here. They are very thin, slow growing, and are of light colour. Up to around 5 layers of such hair are found. During a temple hair transplant, the surgeon must know everything about the quality of hair to be implanted here.
Source of extraction of grafts for temple points
Since the quality of hair is different here, it is another important factor from where to extract such hair. Nape of the neck, and hair around the ear. What is to be kept in mind is to extract the same quality of hair.
When not to do temple reconstruction
Though temple reconstruction is an important factor in any hair transplant, a surgeon must know when not to go for temple reconstruction. In grade 6 & 7 cases temple must not be reconstructed. This is because in such cases baldness is aggressive and the donor area will be limited. Thus, only an illusion of hair density is to be obtained, not the precise temple points. Also, in the case of young patients who although don’t have an advanced grade of baldness, but baldness is aggressively progressing, temples are not to be reconstructed.