So, you are here after your hair restoration. Congratulations! You have chosen the makeover after breaking the common typecasts and reluctance for hair restoration. But, the real catch here is how you take care of not only your scalp and grafts but your entire lifestyle in order to avoid hair transplant side effects.
Wondering how to ensure the same? Here are 11 tips to groom you for post-care of your precious hair restoration.
- Avoid alcohol and smoking: Yeah, quitting is hard in case you are regular in any of these habits. Just avoid strictly for the first seven days. That’s not a big deal for your first impressive look. This is because alcohol might increase the recovery time of your donor area and smoking affects your blood pressure. Blood flow is foremost for your new hairs and their natural growth.
- Spray saline water: Don’t let your grafts be allergic to saline water. Keep them hydrated with the saline water or the spray you have been provided with.
- Use Betadine: Your donor area needs to be healed. In order to heal it swiftly, use betadine over it daily for the first seven days post-surgery.
- Avoid heavy exercise: Now this tip might not be entertained by gym freaks. If you have undergone hair restoration, then avoiding heavy exercise for the first seven days post-surgery is advisable. Seven days are not that long to make sure of a successful surgery. This is asked to avoid sweating on the scalp and consequently hair transplant side effects.
- Mupirocin ointment: This topical ointment is recommended for a week in order to ensure improved follicles.
- Wear a surgical cap while stepping out: Hair restoration is no longer considered a typical surgery that needs all attention and excessive care. This surgery would not ask you to cover your scalp for 24 hours. But, you will be on the safer side after wearing a surgical cap while stepping out of home for the first seven days. Don’t pay much attention to the word, ‘surgical.’ The mentioned tip is to just avoid dust and dirt on the scalp.
- Elevate your head while sleeping: The first seven days post-surgery might bother you a bit regarding hair transplant side effects but, the results are worth suffering. Try to elevate your head while sleeping for the first seven days to avoid swelling. Going mathematically, an elevation of 45 degrees would work fine. Avoid pillows for the correct posture.
- Fumbling or rubbing the hair, or bumping your scalp: You very well know how precious your grafts are. Fumbling or rubbing your hair must be avoided to make sure the sacrifice of your donor area is for a better cause. Bumping the scalp is anyway something to be avoided precisely.
- Shower after 7 days: Yeah, hygiene is important but so are precautions. It is prudent to avoid washing your hair for the first seven days. Moreover, it would be great if you can ask your surgeon for the first wash after the surgery. The delicacy of the grafts is asking you to avoid hair transplant side effects. Try adhering to it.
- Avoid dyeing hair in the following month: Good looks are something for which you are going for hair restoration, then how can you avoid dyeing your hair to give them that impeccable look? Well, avoid it for everlasting spellbinding looks. For sure to avoid hair transplant side effects, you can avoid dyeing your hair for a month following the surgery.
- Don’t panic during hair fall: Be all calm even if your new hair falls out, post the surgery. This is because our hair went through four phases. This is because of Anagen Synchronization and Desynchronization.