Hair fall is an issue which is not gender-biased. Irrespective of your gender, it can trap you. Consequently, hair restoration for women is not something that is new in the medical field or cosmetic surgery field. Long, lustrous and voluminous hair is something that every woman wants. Instead of a wig, any woman would love to flaunt her natural hair. In case you don’t have that beautiful hair, this read will help you in understanding how to possess the kind of hair you want.
When to see a doctor?
Perceiving 100-150 hair strands daily on your hair brush or shower area is something which is very normal. But, in case you notice a bunch of hair strands easily coming out or your scalp is visible widely on your parting area or you can see the thinning of your hair, then this is something alarming and must be addressed timely. These are the cases when hair restoration for women comes into the picture.
Causes of hair loss in women
Listed below are a few major reasons for hair loss in women:
- Stress: Needless to mention that stress is home to countless diseases. Hair loss is also a by-product of stress. This is also scientifically proven that women are trapped more by stress levels. Thus, hair fall must not be a wonder in women.
- Certain hairstyles: Tight braids or ponytails can also result in hair fall.
- Menopause: Often hair thinning is noticed by women when they have menopause. But, here is good news. After menopause, women can use an oral drug, finasteride which is considered adrug of life for hair.
- Pregnancy: After childbirth, women experience telogen effluvium, resulting in heavy shedding of hair.
- Pills: Often birth control pills also result in hair fall.
- Autoimmune disorder: One’s own immune system can also result in hair loss. Alopecia Areata is one example of the same.
- Chemotherapy: This treatment of cancer have one adverse effect of hair fall.
- Genetics: A family history of hair fall is another major reason
- Thyroid: This diseases in women also result in hair fall.
If you are suffering from hair fall because of any of the above reasons, then certainly hair restoration for women can help you. Before understanding the same, let us first understand different patterns of hair loss in females.
Patterns of hair loss
- Diffuse thinning: Women suffering from female pattern baldness perceive a widening of their middle parting area. The scalp is visible due to the diffuse thinning of hair. Such female pattern baldness is measured on Ludwig Scale.
- Bald spots: Often patches or bald spots are spotted by females when they suffer hair loss due to any reason. Alopecia Areata; an autoimmune disorder is an example of bald spots.
- Hairline change: Usually women do not notice a receding hairline, which men often do. However, in exceptional cases, they can notice the same. A few women naturally have a bigger foreheads.
Hair restoration for women
Hair transplant is now very much possible for women, provided the donor area of the female aspirant is good enough. Evidently, a body hair transplant is not possible in the case of females. Thus, the scalp is the only donor area, which must be good enough.
But it is important to mention that one must always have realistic expectations with the transplant, whether men or women. You cannot have full volume like before. A hair transplant is merely an illusion of density.
Read our blog - hair transplants are not perfect
Also, do not doubt that hair can only be transplanted to the scalp. Being a woman, you have the right to have those perfect eyebrows and beautiful eyelashes.
To know more information please read our blog about facial hair transplants.