Let's make it clear that if you are reading this then you must be suffering hair loss and baldness. There is no other chance, else why would you go this much deeper to read about the hairline design for transplant? So, when you have developed baldness, the foremost thing which is bothering you is your front looks. Right? In the context of hair, your front looks are predominantly decided by your hairline. Here we have tried to explain everything about hairlines and hairline designs.
Hairline or hairline zone?
This might sound like a completely new term to you, but this is a fact that your hairline is not just a line but in fact a complete zone on your scalp. It has got significant width of around 1.5-2 cm. It frames temple points and the front hair look of your face. The hairline zone contains 6-10 layers of single follicular units which are very irregularly placed. Thus, during a hairline design, it is important to keep in mind the entire hairline zone. For drawing the best hairline design, it is important to know everything about the hairline zone.
Quality of hair on the hairline zone
This hair is thin, slow growing and less pigmented or say less coloured. As and when you will go deeper inside the hairline zone, the thickness, growth and colour of hair improve. You must be thinking that if the characteristics of hairline are so different than at the time of a hair transplant how the surgeon will extract such hair? Don’t, worry this hair is not like earth in the solar system, the one only. This kind of hair is usually available at the nape of the neck. In case if not found at the nape of the neck, then doctors look for them around the ears. This hair is used for a hairline design for hair transplant.
How hairline is created
Usually,400-600 single follicle units are used to create a softer hairline. Sometimes it becomes difficult to find this huge number of single follicular units from the scalp. In such cases, we use microscopes to dissect the doubles or triples into singles. Up to 10X magnification is required. If a surgeon doesn’t have this level of magnification then he might miss out on the telogens hiding in the double and triple follicles. Later on, such telogens will show up in hairlines as bunches which will consequently destroy the aesthetics of hairline design.
Things to remember while creating a hairline design
- It is of utmost importance to know that body hair must never be used while creating a hairline. Only scalp hair can give the best look to a hairline or hairline zone.
- Paramount precision is required while creating temple points. Keep in mind what grade of patient you are dealing with while creating the temple points of his hairline.
- Never and ever implant doubles, triples or quadruples while creating a hairline zone. This will create the most unnatural look and will destroy the entire hair transplant surgery.
If your hairline is receding and you want the impeccable look but you still do not wish to go instantly for a hair transplant then you must follow these three steps:
- Minoxidil, a topical medicine can prove to be effective in case of a receding hairline.
- By using finasteride, an oral medicine you can gain back hair on your hairline and if in future you wish to go for a hair transplant, this medicine can reduce the grafts required and subsequently your bill.
- Daily care also plays an important role. Use a mild shampoo, preferably dove and don’t forget to moisturize your hair daily with a conditioner.