Regardless of age, baldness is a letdown to your confidence. Few encounter it in their youth and a few see it a little late. But, one thing is sure, almost everyone wants treatment for it. It is still hard to wear baldness-likearmour and let the rest of the world attack on you with comments and judgmental eyes. Nevertheless, thanks to the world of science that baldness is now optional. Treatment is now available for any age of the patient. But, in case a patient develops grade 7 baldness, he might wonder whether the same can be treated or not. This article will help you know better how grade 7 baldness is treated.
Challenges In Grade 7 Baldness Cases:
- Evidently, with the progression of baldness, the donor area is limited. Thus, it becomes challenging to extract hair from the scalp.
- Positioning the hairline is another challenge faced in such cases.
- Needless to mention that in such cases there would be a larger recipient area to cover.
- Giving the optimum density is another stimulating factor.
Challenges In Grade 6, 7 Baldness Hair Transplant Patients Who Are Less Than 40 Years Of Age:
- Being young, they come to the clinic with very high expectations. As they wish to maintain the aesthetics of their looks.
- Baldness can still progress in the coming years. Thus, the donor area has to be managed in accordance with future needs.
- As sporting a beard is the fashion trend of the era, these patients are not willing to donate beard hair easily.
Challenges In Grade 7 Baldness Patients Who Are 40+ Of Age:
- The donor area is significantly lesser.
- The hair quality is very thin.
- Grey hair is witnessed in such cases.
Advantages In Such Cases:
- Fewer expectations.
- Can donate beard hair.
Things To Keep In Mind In Case Of Grade 7 Baldness Hair Transplant:
- Keep the hairline at a distance of 9-10 cm above the glabella. This is because the higher the hairline, the lesser number of grafts will be required to attain maximum coverage.
- A V-shaped hairline is conservative and thus it requires fewer grafts than a U-shaped hairline. The decision of shape of the hairline is primarily decided by the skull shape.
Things To Keep In Mind When Using Body Hair In Grade 7 Baldness Hair Transplant:
- Being anatomically closest to the scalp, beard hair must be the first choice of hair transplant surgeons. The preference is then for chest, then pubic, abdomen and finally leg hair. The sidelocks are the best which match the scalp, due to proximity.
- Areas other than hairline, temples, center of whorl in the crown, and lateral humps can be easily grafted from beard or chest hair. These areas specifically require scalp hair.
- A good mixture must be obtained of scalp hair and other body area hair.
- Avoid recreating temporal points in young patients with grade 7 baldness.
- While doing the crown of a young patient, combine the treatment with medical treatment and transplant (oral finasteride and topical minoxidil) to reduce the peripheral zone of baldness in the crown. Consequently, grafts requirement in the crown will be lesser and denser and better results are delivered.
Few Tricks Used In Grade 7 Baldness:
- Graded density: This trick is practically used in all cases of advanced cases of baldness. In this, an illusion is created by aggressive implantation in the front and a lesser density behind. 40-45 grafts per square cm are kept in front and going behind the grafts’ counts are reduced up to 20-25 grafts per square cm.
- Differential density: More grafts are implanted along the parting area. As per the choice of partition of the patient, the partition area can even be left all spare if the grafts are lesser.
- Forelock pattern: The forelock is the central part of the mid-scalp, right behind the hairline. This area has to be voluminous and dense. It has to be optimally dense. If it is too much dense then the chances of necrosis are there. If it is spare then there will be cosmetic justice. Triples and quadruples are to be implanted here.